MarisaFischer

Melhorar base de dados

MarisaFischer

I am new to this forum and am looking for help too
We have an in-house Access database which we are looking for a company or person to make it more use-friendly

Hoping someone can help me, my number is 93 285 6080 

Thank you Marisa

MarisaFischer

I would like to renew the entire database, make it more user friendly, update some forms to include other information
In general a revamp of what we have which currently works well but is in need of a complete face lift including correcting some of the code

ArRoViBa

It looks like you want to upgrade what you've already done. Who programmed the database you have. All of this seems possible and it is always a good challenge to go back to programming in access. If you need help, just say so.

ArRoViBa

MarisaFischer

Our dB was developed in-house by myself and a programmer, adding newer modules as necessary, however, we can now see that a revamp is necessary as we created many tables, queries, forms and reports which could be joined together and hopefully generate further items to make the dB friendlier to use and also quicker to respond

ArRoViBa

The first thing to do is choose where to start. The explanation you gave me is vague, but I can already see that the database has grown and is now in need of some fine-tuning. So choosing priorities and getting your hands on work is one of the first things to do. As you know the database, the work is already half done. As I said, if I can help, I’m available.

ArRoViBa

MarisaFischer

Thank you and yes, I would like to discuss this further with you outside this forum if possible

MarisaFischer

Could you contact me on 93 285 6080 please

ArRoViBa

you can contact me in 

Edited by ArRoViBa

ArRoViBa

antseq
46 minutos atrás, MarisaFischer disse:

Our dB was developed in-house by myself and a programmer, adding newer modules as necessary, however, we can now see that a revamp is necessary as we created many tables, queries, forms and reports which could be joined together and hopefully generate further items to make the dB friendlier to use and also quicker to respond

Just an idea/suggestion...

We are now in 2020... Web apps, mobile apps,... Why don't start from scratch a new project NOT using Access.

"To scale Access applications, one possible technique involves migrating to Microsoft SQL Server or equivalent server database. A client–server design significantly reduces maintenance and increases security, availability, stability, and transaction logging."