teckV Posted May 30, 2006 at 09:58 AM Report Share #30101 Posted May 30, 2006 at 09:58 AM Millions of wireless access points are spread across the US and the world. About 70% percent of these access points are unprotected - wide open to access by anyone who happens to drive by. The other 30% are protected by WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) and a small handful are protected by the new WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) standard. At a recent ISSA (Information Systems Security Association) meeting in Los Angeles, a team of FBI agents demonstrated current WEP-cracking techniques and broke a 128 bit WEP key in about three minutes. Special Agent Geoff Bickers ran the Powerpoint presentation and explained the attack, while the other agents (who did not want to be named or photographed) did the dirty work of sniffing wireless traffic and breaking the WEP keys. http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2005/03/31/the_feds_can_own_your_wlan_too/ com policias assim não precisamos de criminosos... teckv house of horus Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now