• Revista PROGRAMAR: Já está disponível a edição #53 da revista programar. Faz já o download aqui!

Gurzi

Dell e Lenovo colocam Linux nas máquinas

3 mensagens neste tópico

Dell and Lenovo are the first two companies to recently offer pre-installed open source Linux distribution on PCs and notebooks, but I highly doubt they will be the last manufacturers to take the plunge...

According to both Dell and Ubuntu, the customer response over Linux products has been "overwhelming."  Maybe it is due to Dell being the first to take a chance, or maybe Ubuntu's popularity is translating to better interest in Ubuntu pre-loaded on Dell products.  Although Lenovo and Novell SUSE aren't as popular as Dell and Ubuntu, I hope they see the same interest in their product line.

Considering the amount of rather lackluster announcements during LinuxWorld, PC manufacturers finally embracing Linux happened to be one of the bright points of the show.

"I think it is about time the PC manufacturers started showing us some love," one LinuxWorld exhibitor told me prior to the show floor opening.

I hope to see Hewlett-Packard offer something similar in the future, though I am not sure if the company is working on anything internally.  I tried to pry details away from HP public relations and engineers people, but no one wanted to confirm anything.

Acer said a few weeks ago that the company has not seen enough demand in the United Kingdom to offer products pre-loaded with Linux, but I am sure that will change over time.

Ubuntu representatives told me the deal with Dell isn't exclusive, so it is possible for Ubuntu to end up pre-loaded on HP or Acer products later down the road.

It appears the future is bright for the Linux operating system in the future.

fonte: http://www.dailytech.com/PC+Manufacturers+Finally+Embracing+Linux+Sort+Of/article8326.htm

Partilhar esta mensagem

Link para a mensagem
Partilhar noutros sites

O problema é que por vezes estes computadores com Linux acabam por ficar mais caros do que os equivalentes com Windows. Porquê? Os portáteis e os desktops destas grandes empresas (Dell, HP, etc...) costumam vir carregados com ad-ware, anti-vírus proprietários e outras coisas que fazem com que consigam lançar produtos mais baratos, pois recebem muito em publicidade.

Partilhar esta mensagem

Link para a mensagem
Partilhar noutros sites

O problema é que por vezes estes computadores com Linux acabam por ficar mais caros do que os equivalentes com Windows. Porquê? Os portáteis e os desktops destas grandes empresas (Dell, HP, etc...) costumam vir carregados com ad-ware, anti-vírus proprietários e outras coisas que fazem com que consigam lançar produtos mais baratos, pois recebem muito em publicidade.

Lá isso é verdade, ás vezes é preferível comprar ou sem SO ou com windows, e depois intalamos a distro que quisermos :P :P

Partilhar esta mensagem

Link para a mensagem
Partilhar noutros sites

Crie uma conta ou ligue-se para comentar

Só membros podem comentar

Criar nova conta

Registe para ter uma conta na nossa comunidade. É fácil!

Registar nova conta

Entra

Já tem conta? Inicie sessão aqui.

Entrar Agora